I am a landscape photographer specialized in astrophotography and time-lapse, and I’m also self-taught. I started shooting in 2010 thanks to my good friend Karim Ayame. After a while, what was back then a hobby became a passion that made me look at photography in a more professional way. I got my degree as filmmaker (the career is called Tecnicatura Superior en Comunicación Audiovisual) in Córdoba, Argentina on May 2019.
In 2011 Karim and me made our first time-lapse film called Tinogasta (verano 2011), in which we tried to show a bit of our city to the world. After that we created Proyecto Tinogasta, followed by some photography exhibitions with local photographers.
By 2012 I perfected my craft and went full time on independent photography. I produced, directed and photographed a film called Norte Argentino, later that year declared of Parliamentary Interest by the Catamarca province House of Representatives. It was during that production that I realized how important photography is to me as a way to express myself, also the reason why I started studying Filmmaking a few years later.
My passion for astrophotography started before making the short film, but during that production I got interested in astronomy. By looking at my pictures I noticed there was more to what I could see, I realized I needed to understand the magnitude of what I was capturing and observing during my nighttime shootings that went beyond the artistic side, if you will.
I used everything I learned about astronomy to get better at my astrophotography and time-lapse, in which I try to show the emotions those natural and desolated landscapes make me feel. At the same time, that changed me personally, because every time I go out to shoot at night, I feel a bit more connected to the vast universe around us. Just being in the middle of nowhere below a star filled sky is a completely amazing experience I think everybody should at least try once.
I approach almost all my personal projects just by myself to avoid distractions during the shoots, also because I truly enjoy the solitude those remote landscapes I photograph make me feel. But sometimes I get lucky to find people willing to come along with me to these beautiful places with extreme weather and temperatures, which never cease to amaze me, no matter how many times I go back to visit them.
Photography for me is something I can really use to communicate the way I feel and how I see the world, that’s why it’s a big part of my life and thanks to it I’ve been able to visit places I would have never visited otherwise.
- April 22, 2011 – Group photography and audiovisual exhibition Lo mío, lo tuyo, lo nuestro – Tinogasta, Catamarca
- July 16, 2011 – Group photography and audiovisual exhibition Lo de acá, lo de allá y lo de más allá organized by Artistas Visuales de Tinogasta – Tinogasta, Catamarca
- December 22, 2012 – Group photography and audiovisual exhibition – Viaje a los sentidos – Tinogasta, Catamarca
- January 10, 2013 – Solo photography and audiovisual exhibition – Entre mundos in La Sala – La Puntilla, Tinogasta, Catamarca
- July 26, 2013 – Solo photography exhibition – Entre mundos in La Antigua Bodega – Tinogasta, Catamarca
- September 24, 2014 – Solo photography exhibition – Entre mundos organized by Casa de Catamarca – Teatro Nacional Cervantes, Buenos Aires
- September 11, 2018 – Group photography exhibition – Mo(nu)mentos en el aire organized by La Fotosfera Producciones – Radio Nacional Córdoba
- October 25, 2018 – Solo photography exhibition – 24 años inadvertido organized by Allpa-Súmaj – Tinogasta, Catamarca
- November 11, 2012 – Article in ISO1200
- November 30, 2012 – Article in ALTFoto (now Hipertextual)
- March 14, 2013 – Digital magazine Canonikos #8
- May 12, 2014 – Earth Science Picture of the Day (EPOD)
- January 10, 2018 – Bex Magazine #39, Catamarca – Online – Print
- March 10, 2018 – Article in Xataka Foto about Norte Argentino II
- March 12, 2018 – Article in Time Lapse Network about Norte Argentino II
- March 12, 2018 – Article in Voy de Viaje about Norte Argentino II
- November 3, 2018 – Article in Xataka Foto about Anemia
- January 25, 2019 – Article in Voy de Viaje about En sombras
- March 23, 2019 – Article in Time Lapse Network about En sombras
- April 9, 2019 – Interview for Casa de Catamarca
- August 31, 2018 – Radio interview for Papel para armar
- September 16, 2018 – TV interview for Canal 7 Catamarca (starts at 01:02:25)
- July 5, 2019 – Radio interview for Radio Guayacán (Chile)
Awards and mentions
- November 14, 2012 – Norte Argentino short film – Declared of Parliamentary Interest by the Catamarca province House of Representatives
- June 3, 2019 – Recuerdos de un viajero short film – Official selection – First-Time Filmmaker Sessions June 2019
- June 14, 2019 – Recuerdos de un viajero short film – Best Mini Documentary – The Legendary Doc Film Festival
- June 14, 2019 – Recuerdos de un viajero short film – Audience Award – The Legendary Doc Film Festival
- June 19, 2019 – Recuerdos de un viajero short film – Official selection – Festival Internacional de Cine de las Alturas
- July 6, 2019 – Recuerdos de un viajero short film – Official selection – International Timelapse Festival
- June 29, 2018 – Talk at Foto Club Córdoba – Córdoba
- September 2, 2018 – Talk at Chakana Hostel – San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca
- September 16, 2018 – Puna, discourse at the Expo Ambiente, declared of Parliamentary Interest by Congress – San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca
- November 17, 2018 – De 1250 a 4350, discourse at Primer Foto Encuentro Tinogasta – Tinogasta, Catamarca
- February 23, 2019 – Workshop-Talk at Copina for the members of Foto Club Córdoba and Foto Club Comechingones – Córdoba