I created this tool in order to solve an issue after editing lots of time-lapses. I needed to automate certain processes that I do everytime I import an image sequence into After Effects and because I always work the same way, so thanks to this script I can work faster when creating compositions for my time-lapses.
After using the script for a few years I decided it was time to update it and make it public so everyone can use it completely free of charge.
How do I use the script?
1 - Make sure After Effects is not open.
2 - Download the script from this page (above are two options to download) and unzip the file.
3 - Copy the file Ruraq_v1.x.jsxbin and paste it on the following path:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC <version>\Support Files\Scripts
/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC <version>/Support Files/Scripts
4 - Open After Effects and go to File > Scripts > Ruraq_v1.x.jsxbin.
This window with the script will open:
5 - Now you need to select an image sequence from the Project panel and choose the different options on the script to create the compositions for the selected footage.
- FPS: this is the frame rate the composition will have.
- Resolution: this is the resolution the composition will have.
- Add attributes to composition name: this will add the information of the FPS and resolution to the composition name.
- Add compositions to render queue: this will add all the compositions to the render queue in After Effects.
- Output path: by clicking this button you will be able to select a folder for the render queue output path.
- Unsharp Mask: lets you add an unsharp mask to every composition you create based on the footage selected from the Project panel. You can also choose the amount and radius for the unsharp mask effect.
- Create composition: once you selected all the options for your footage it is time to click this button to create the different compositions.
Once you click on Create composition the script will process all the selected footage from the Project panel and will do the following:
- Create a composition based on all the selected options on the script.
- Scale the size of image sequence to the size of the composition.
Free of charge software
The script is completely free, but I added the option to make a donation if you want to do that. If you enter a value of 0 you will be able to download the script for free.
- First version, private use only.
- First public version.
- Now every single option can be modified by the user, it was all by default before.
- Added an option to select an output path for the render queue.
- I named the script Ruraq (it used to have a horrible generic name).
Keep yourself updated
You can subscribe to any of my lists to be the first to know about the script updates, new courses, new workshop dates, get new blog posts, store items and much more. I promise to respect your privacy.
- WhatsApp broadcast list: add the number +54 9 351 2457662 to your contacts and send me a message with the text “I want to subscribe to the broadcast list“.
- Mailing list: subscribe using the form below